PDA

View Full Version : Photobooth - Touch Screen Monitor - Possible?

cirwin
January 9th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Hi, we are working on building our second and third booth, and I must say that I wouldn't use any other software other than PSremote for our booths. But, I was wondering if it is possible to use a touch screen monitor to start the photo sequence. We have had problems with buttons in the past. We've used the Griffin Powermate and an Arcade Button, but we have had some issues with both. We'd love to upgrade to a touch screen monitor, but I'm not sure if it will work with PSremote. Any ideas?

Chris Breeze
January 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
There isn't any support for using a touch screen in PSRemote but it probably wouldn't take much work to add it. The latest update for DSLR Remote Pro added the ability to use the mouse left button to start the sequence and the right button to toggle between B&W and color. I don't have a touch screen, but I think this would probably work as touching the screen should be the same as clicking the left mouse button.
I'm planning to add the same mouse button options to the photobooth mode in the next update of PSRemote.

PhotoMeir
February 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
I constructed a booth using an Elo 22" Touchscreen Monitor. It's very effective in it's presentation to people when they sit in the booth. Essentially it's a mouse on the screen, so think of it that was as I explain. You then need a "virtual keyboard" so that patrons of the booth can still access the functionality of the remote software. I found some software that I liked online (you can find alot) that's editable because when DSLR Remote is running full screen all you really need is 3 "buttons", F2, F3, and ESC. Piece of advice though, you can't "replace" the keyboard because most computers won't boot up without one, so take that into account and DON'T FORGET YOUR KEYBOARD!

obtphoto
June 10th, 2009, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=PhotoMeir;13863]I found some software that I liked online..QUOTE]

What is the software you are using?

Chris Breeze
June 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM
The latest versions of DSLR Remote Pro, NKRemote and PSRemote have simple support for using a touchscreen in photobooth mode. This page describes the various input options, including using a touchscreen, in more detail: http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth3.htm