PDA

View Full Version : Photobooth does not work with PixelMagic Dye Sub Printer's 334x600 resolution?

rolland_elliott
January 23rd, 2009, 05:35 AM
Photobooth does not work with PixelMagic Dye Sub Printer's 334x600 resolution?

I have a pixel magic dye sub printer and it is driving me nuts. It's default resolution is 334x600. when psremote's photobooth sees this, instead of making a typicall rectangular 4x6" file it creates a file that is squareish (334x6"" and 600x4") Then if I set the resolution to a lower version say 300x334 the pictures do not print correctly, They will fit half a 4x6" sheet and leave the other half garbled. HOWEVER, the digital file will look fine and can be printed out fine using a program like breezebrowser or thumbsplus, etc.

Is there anyway to tweak psremote's photobooth settings to work with this printer. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post custom prices in the forum. Thanks!

rolland_elliott
January 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
I tricked psremote to print to another printer driver and then used a hotfolder print program to bypass this odd ball resolution requirement.

Not as good as having the program work perfectly, but still doable.

Thanks, Rolland

Chris Breeze
January 26th, 2009, 07:46 AM
It almost certainly a problem with the printer driver. The photobooth printing simply asks the printer driver for the size of the printable areas and formats the layout accordingly. Some printer drivers have options for borderless printing and you probably need to set this to get the best results.

rolland_elliott
January 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM
yes it is a driver issue becuase psremote uses the native resolution of 334x600 from the driver and creates this odd ball jpeg file size that is twice as wide as tall, making whatever paper size you had it set to totally different. Too bad as this is a nice printer that could of worked well.

alexsiskahn
October 3rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
what hotfolder printing software are you using?