PDA

View Full Version : Audio for Photo Booth script?

PhotoMeir
February 2nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Hey Chris,

Please forgive me if there's a way to do this and I just haven't discovered it. The software is VERY powerful and in using it (especially with newer cameras capable of Live View!) it is a GREAT presentation. However, my other Photo Booth seems to be very helpful in the sense that it runs an audio script between each capture. I haven't tried this yet, since this past weekend I had two more successful booth runs and I'm ALWAYS thinking of how it could be better, but can i run an audio file that the software recognizes as related to each picture slide? I.E. 1.wav or 1.mp3?

Also, would there be a way in future versions to set a different sequence between images? Right now there's a longggg 10 seconds before the first one, and given the review time of the image on the screen after capture the remainder comes out to barely 4 seconds. Easy to incorporate or not so much?

Chris Breeze
February 3rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
I was planning to take a look at this in the next release of PSRemote followed by DSLR Remote Pro. I was looking at doing it exactly the way you describe i.e. when a screen image is displayed in full screen photobooth mode it would check for a .wav file of the same name and play that if found.

The best way to handle the timings might be to add the preview time to the delay before taking each photo so you get something like: 4 sec delay at start (showing 1.jpg), take picture 1, 3 sec preview time, 4 sec delay (showing 2.jpg), take picture etc. This would avoid the need for a special delay setting for the first picture. It would also avoid potential problems if the preview time is set longer than the delay between photos.

PhotoMeir
February 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
I don't suppose you have a regular schedule of new release times for the softwares?

rolland_elliott
February 3rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
if you set the camera to manual focus and exposure the time delays are consistent. you could use a program like autohotkey to program your own sound effects. However many photobooth parties are noisy and the volume would need to be loud for people to hear it and it might become annoying.

Chris Breeze
February 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I don't suppose you have a regular schedule of new release times for the softwares?

It tends to be driven by new camera releases. With PMA next month it's possible Canon will announce new PowerShot and EOS models.
Sometimes people are willing to pay for specific enhancements and usually these are included in a standard release as this keeps the costs down for upgrades etc.

PhotoMeir
February 6th, 2009, 02:19 AM
What would an upgrade like that cost if i wanted to do it?

Chris Breeze
February 6th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Please can you contact me by email to discuss this ([email protected]).