PDA

View Full Version : making footers

greggie1
February 8th, 2009, 10:40 PM
A few questions about making footers...

I'm doing a 2-column print and cutting it in half, so I need two lines of identical footer text, centered below the images like this:

___ (picture) _______ (picture) ___

__ Footer text ____ Footer text ___

1. Does anyone have a Photoshop template that makes this easy, so you can plug in the footer text?

2. I'm not exactly clear on the image size needed for the footer. How is that determined? Since the positioning needs to be precise, the image size needs to be precise. I had a matched size for my previous printer, but once I switched to my new printer, the footer was too big and ran completely off the 4x6 print (and the text was obviously not centered). Switching resolution made no difference in the size requirement, and I expected it would. Any help?

Chris Breeze
February 9th, 2009, 08:39 AM
You could use the captions option in the photobooth settings for the footer text. This allows you to specify up to two captions and place them anywhere on the page.

The layout depends on the resolution of the printer in pixels. The easiest way to check this is to setup the printer as required, set the photobooth settings output option to JPEG only and take a test sequence. The look at the output JPEG in an editor. If you make the footer a bold color the output JPEG will show it's exact extent and it should be easy to make the necessary adjustments.