PDA

View Full Version : DLPro shows some files as "TIME DIFFERENT"

Colin Robinson
March 21st, 2005, 08:55 AM
I have a problem with a card of pics I shot yesterday- I'm 99% sure I formatted the card first in camera rather than deleting images, then shot some new images. When I browse the card in BBPro in a reader they are all new files, so no old files have been left behind. When I try to download them in DLPro, 30% of the files show " Time different" and won't download.

I'm using D2H and some shots were shot using fast bursts - perhaps two photos taken within the burst is showing same hrs.mins.seconds value, and this is causing the problem? I am trying to rename with %d_%o file names on download.

Any suggestions or preferably solutions??

Chris Breeze
March 22nd, 2005, 06:36 AM
DLPro can give you more information about the status of each image by right clicking and selecting "Show status". The most common cause of "time different" messages is when your camera is set to reset the image counter each time an empty card is inserted instead of to continuous numbering. You then get problems when renaming using %d_%o if you take two sets of pictures in one day: both sets end up with filenames like 050322_IMG_0001.JPG and DLPro.

Another possible cause is if you download some images but don't clear the card. Then modify the downloaded images in some way so that their timestamps change (e.g. edit some) and try to download the card again.

chemong
June 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM
So far I've found out that when I uncheck the option labeled "Add NAA/IPTC data to downloaded images" I no longer get "Time Different" status.

I have auto naming on my cameras and there is no chance that there is the same file name and I always clear to target folder before I download files from my cameras.

The only way I have been able to eliminate the random creation of duplicate photo files with an extra .jpg extension is to disable the dpi conversion plugin. Since I need to use the dpi plugin for my other softwares, I guess I have to live with a few extra files.