PDA

View Full Version : booth display sequence

warwickwater
February 27th, 2009, 04:50 PM
using a 4 pic sequence in the booth there seems to be a small 'issue' with the sequencing. On all shots except the first, the shutter fires (as expected) then the live view re-appears along with the taking.jpg (slightly disconcerting for user) then maybe 2-3 seconds later the 'preview' of the shot just taken appears for the time set, then the countdown re-appears, but starting at (countdown time selected - preview time).

So if i set a preview time of say 6 seconds (long enough for the punters to have a look at themselves and a laugh) i then have to set the 'delay before taking' to 16 secs to give them a further 10 seconds to pose before the next shot.

Thats fine, except on the first shot this then means theres a much longer (16 sec) delay before the first pic - punters could get bored?!

Could the countdown be started AFTER the preview has been shown, so it is consistent?

Also, is there any way to shorten (or ideally remove) the appearance of the 'taking.jpg' with the live view on AFTER the shot has been taken - presumablly some of this time is USB download time and some is processing time. Is my best hope simply a fast USB2 camera with small image sizes and a faster PC (not my asus ee box 1.6 G?!)

Thanks in advance as ever.