PDA

View Full Version : Booth Monitor....??

Codhod
March 4th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hello I am just curious as to what some of you have had sucess with for the Inside the booth monitor? Are you using 15 inch monitors or are you using larger? brands? Im using the Canon 1000d for Live mode and I only seem to get a 4:3 output am I missing a setting? I guess if the programmed photobooth OSD is only in a 4:3 format I dont see any reason going to a widescreen monitor as the 15 inch monitor will Look full. Any Thoughts?

Thanks

Chris Breeze
March 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Live view images from the 1000D are 768x512 pixels in size which gives an aspect ratio of 3:2. The live view images are scaled to fit the live view height specified in the photobooth settings dialog and so specifying the height as 512 will give the best quality if shooting in landscape orientation.

warwickwater
March 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM
we use a widescreen 19 inch in PORTRAIT orientation, which gives us a nice preview at the top but plenty of room for a screaming huge "look at the camera lens" graphic below it!!

snapshot
March 5th, 2009, 05:42 PM
That's a pretty good idea warwickwater.

I just use a 15" monitor mainly because it was what I had available at the time, and I didn't have the budget to go buy a fancy new one. I think it works perfectly fine though. No one has ever mentioned it being too small or the picture not being good enough.

If you have a monitor available, I would just use it. You can always upgrade later if you feel the need.

Codhod
March 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I like the idea of the portrait mode Unfortunatly ive built my booth and will not have enough room. I just picked up a 19inch on clearance at Bestbuy for 110$ it will fit in my booth and has a vesa mountable back. I guess i will just have to play with resolutions and screen layout to get the best look.