PDA

View Full Version : Drop shadows

chuckb
March 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Ok I'm a little lost on making drop shadows for images. png files are some thing I am not familiar with. I know I can PhotoShop save them, but how do I set a Drop shadow for a 40d camera? I'm sure it's simple I think it's just flying over my head. lol

Can you give me a step by step instructions? I feel lost.

Chuck

Chris Breeze
March 6th, 2009, 08:02 AM
It's probably easier to use the background.jpg image. You only need to use the overlay.png image if you want things to appear on top of the photos.
Here's a quick way to create a suitable background JPEG:
1) Set photobooth output settings to JPEG only
2) Set the camera to manual exposure mode, leave the lens cap on and take a sequence
3) Copy the saved JPEG (which can be found in the prints subfolder) to the relevant photobooth images folder and rename it background.jpg
4) Edit the background.jpg and add dropshadows, logos and other decorations as required. The positions of the photos should be very clear black rectangles and so it is easy to select them in photoshop and use a dropshadow effect layer to add the dropshadow.
Please note that if you're using header.jpg or header.jpg images to add a header or footer or to adjust the positioning of the photos these will appear on top of the background image.

chuckb
March 6th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks, That makes sense as is simple. I'm a simple guy LOL. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bought my dye sub, and computer, monitor, buttons and cases to move everything. Now I just need the booth fabricator to finish the framing. Already have a gig booked!!! (small Prom) for Month out.