PDA

View Full Version : Foot switch / pedal to operate Photo Booth ?

Jann Lipka
March 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Is anybody using something like that ?
There is some USB commercial options ,
but I guess there would be some DIY options as well ?

Chris Breeze
March 10th, 2009, 07:56 AM
The next release, which should be available tomorrow, supports the StealthSwitch (www.stealthswitch.com). This is a really robust footswitch which is ideal for photo booth use.

cirwin
March 11th, 2009, 12:33 AM
I'm so excited for the new release to debut tomorrow!!! I've been waiting...

Chris Breeze
March 11th, 2009, 04:49 PM
It's available now: http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3173

chuckb
March 11th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Will the switch be able to start the photo booth process? or just hid the desktop?

Chris Breeze
March 12th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Yes, it starts the photobooth sequence. You don't need to install any additional software or drivers. Simply plug the StealthSwitch into a spare USB port, run the photobooth software in fullscreen mode and press the switch to start the sequence. If the "stealth" software that comes with the StealthSwitch is installed and running it should be disabled otherwise it may hide the photobooth window.

theclassicphotobooth
March 18th, 2009, 03:29 AM
On the New upgrade, i can use a optical mouse.

photoboother
March 19th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Just wanted to say I love the new booth features.

dfinkel
March 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM
I built my own switch using a USB to serial adapter which I bought at Frys for about $20. Actually the one I got has 2 serial connections, allowing me to hook up another piece of old equipment at the same time. A single USB to serial adapter can be bought for less.

I then went to Altex, a local electronics/networking supply company (www.altex.com) and bought two push to make momentary switches. While I was looking through the different switches, I noticed they had a heavy duty put pedal version of this. I thought about this for a while, but decided I didn't need it - but it should do what you want.

I then followed the directions on the Breeze Systems site and wired together my own switch, which works great. I actually have 2 buttons - one to start in color and one to start in black and white and this seems to be ideal for my application. Unfortunately they only had the foot pedals in one color at Altex.

FYI, I also went to Grainger supply, a major industrial supplier. After pouring through tons of pages, we found parts that should work, but you have to buy the buttons, mounts, etc. separately and it got very expensive very fast.

David