PDA

View Full Version : DL Pro hangs

RonnyMills
March 23rd, 2005, 02:45 AM
I have DLPro open my CF card, download the files, delete the files then it should open BreezeBrowserPro and close. All is well until it tries to open BBP and close. It just hangs. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close it and manually open BBP. I have tried re-installing both programs to no avail.

Can you provide any help with this? thanks

Chris Breeze
March 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
I've never been able to reproduce this, but on some systems something interferes with the messages passed between DLPro and BBPro and can cause it to hang. You can avoid the problem by setting up DLPro to launch BBPro via the command line.

bozkins
April 10th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I've been having exactly the same problem. Just logged on to the forum to see if there were any solutions. Looks like there aren't!
Sometimes it does work but often as not, DLpro just hangs

I too am having the exact same problem - do you see the same when BBP launches DL Pro?

I mean that DL Pro will hang BBP and visa versa (i.e., choose download images from BBP and now BBP hangs).

Yes, it's exactly like messages are not being passed back and forth from the programs. What technique are you using Chris (sorry if I'm being a little bold here:D )?

I've used both for years and the most recent software I installed was Sony Vegas Studio Platinum. Other than MS fixes/patches, the system has really been stagnant for a few months.

Chris Breeze
January 23rd, 2006, 08:06 AM
Some people have reported problems with Sony's SonicStage software causing this problem but I haven't been able to reproduce it on either of my Sony laptops which both have this pre-installed.

Nill Toulme
January 23rd, 2006, 01:46 PM
Just for another data point, I began having similar problems a few months ago, after either a BB Pro update or a DL Pro update, can't remember which. I "solved" it by no longer having DL Pro set to run BB Pro automatically. No Sony stuff here.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

SteveMadden
January 28th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I have the same issue on my ThinkPad T40 w/ XP SP2 Pro. The "Link Button to BreezeBrowser Pro or BreezeBrowser" will lock up in the automation "Launch App associated with custom button" action. It will also lock up if I attempt to launch manually using the "BreezeBrowser" button. I unchecked the "Link Button..." option and tried the Command Line set to

"C:\Program Files\BreezeSys\BreezeBrowserPro\BreezeBrowser.exe" %d

That works like a charm.

Chris, I have ADPlus hang mode process dumps of the Downloader.exe processes when they're locked up if you want it (20MB zip). PM me if it'll help. I checked and no BreezeBrowser.exe process had started when Downloader was locked up.

steve

Paul Wood
February 8th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I'm having the same problem, but changing the command line option for Breezebrowser fixed it -- however, it launches Breezebrowser more slowly than previous versions. I thought it was hung, but it was just delayed.

I upgraded to the latest versions of BBPro and DLPro today. The previous version of DLPro had worked fine for the year I had it, except for the last month or so. It would never find my card on the first try, I ALWAYS had to load it twice. At least the new version doesn't do that.

Paul Wood
February 12th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Okay, so today I've discovered that if I have more than one card to download, DLPRO opens up multiple copies of Breezebrowser.

With this and the custom sort problem in BB PRO, I feel like I've paid money to downgrade instead of upgrade.

DNorris
February 27th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I never had a hang thru 100's of CF cards until I just upgraded to 1.8.1.

I D/L'd 2 -2GB cards yesterday and DLPro stopped responding after it launched BBPro for both card sessions. Each card had around 540 .jpg's on board.

--Dave