PDA

View Full Version : G5 Camera and White Balance

BeachGuy
March 31st, 2009, 11:31 PM
My G5 Canon camera in the AUTO mode when connected to PSremote will not highlight the White Balance selection screen.

When I connect the camera with the selection at C2 (custom 2) the White Balance screen is highlighted but only has the B&W selection available.

I am not able to adjust the camera for the white balance needed for the booth lighting that I have.

Is this a limitation of the camera, Canon software or PSremote?
Or is it a short between the chair and keyboard?

Is there some work around on the problem?

BeachGuy

Chris Breeze
April 1st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Is the camera set to B&W? Most settings can be changed remotely by PSRemote but the "My Colors" setting in recent cameras can only be set from the camera. If "My Colors" is set to one of the B&W settings you won't be able to adjust the WB from PSRemote.

BeachGuy
April 1st, 2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks Chris for the response, I did not find "My Colors" setting that you mentioned, however I do have a "Changing the Photo Effect" setting which allows me to set btween Vidid, Neutral all the way to Custom effects. B&W is a choice within the group settings. I have chosen Vivid, it was not set on B&W.

Once I reconnect the camera to PSRemote, I had the the software re-learn the camera settings. Once done I now have the White Balance box highlighted. However no matter what setting I choose for the Exposer Mode the only choice I have for White Balance are two of the same, B&W.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions.

BeachGuy