PDA

View Full Version : Middle jpg shrinks pictures...?

rkpowers
April 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM
When I put in a middle, or right jpg (haven't tried left) the pictures themselves get significantly smaller, less than half the size without the middle jpg added. Have I made the middle too large, or what? There is a lot of white border now around the images so it's not that they are crowded out by the middle....I think...!

Header and footer don't seem to affect the images

snapshot
April 5th, 2009, 10:42 PM
It could be too large, yes. Without seeing the resulting image, or knowing the specifics of your layout, I'm just kind of guessing.

Do you have it set to crop the photos for the best fit? If not, the middle.jpg may be of such a size that in order to maintain the aspect ratio of the pictures, they have to be reduced greatly to fit the allowed space. You could also just have the borders set too wide.

I would first set PSRemote to crop the photos to see if it gives a better result.

Chris Breeze
April 6th, 2009, 10:08 AM
The photos are sized to make maximum use of the printable area. This starts off as the size of the page and is reduced by the size of the header, footer, left, right and middle images.
The easiest way to see how the size of the middle image affects the layout is to take a few test shots using different sizes of middle image e.g with no middle image, a small middle image (e.g. 1/10 the width of the page) and a big middle image (e.g. 1/2 the widt of the page).

rkpowers
April 6th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks to you both. The 'set to crop' increased the images and the right jpg had been saved with some numbers transposed so it was too large. Got it fixed.