PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected exception error

herman
March 24th, 2005, 08:33 AM
When downloading images from my new 350D I sometimes get the following Downloader Pro error message:

Error deleting image: (number of first image on the CF card)
Error code: 0x02000008
cdUNEXPEXTED_EXCEPTION

When I click and then the process of deleting images from the camera memory starts and completes without further errors.

I connect the camera via USB to my PC.

This error is not consistent, it happens sometimes and I found no way (yet) to correlate it to other variables like open programs or number of images in camera.

I re-installed DLPro but the error remains.

I used DLPro before with my G5, it worked as expected.
When I migrated from G5 to 350D I uninstalled all G5 related Canon software, then installed the EOS Solution Disk v10.0 only.

The software runs on a Win XP prof SP2 box, all updates and patches installed.

If you need any further information on this thing I will be more than happy to do whatever I can to provide it.

Enjoy!
Herman.

Chris Breeze
March 24th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Have you installed the Canon USB drivers for the 350D and set the camera to "PC connection" communication mode? The other thing to check is that there is plenty of spare space on your C: drive even if you are storing your files elsewhere (the Canon libraries create temporary files on your C: drive).
BTW Even though the 350D has a USB 2.0 connection which is much faster than previous cameras, I still find it up to three times faster to download with a decent card reader and a fast CF card.

herman
March 24th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Have you installed the Canon USB drivers for the 350D and set the camera to "PC connection" communication mode? The other thing to check is that there is plenty of spare space on your C: drive even if you are storing your files elsewhere (the Canon libraries create temporary files on your C: drive).

Thank you for your response!

I assumed that the Canon USB drivers are installed, otherwise there would be no communication at all between PC and camera. Is there a way to verify that the correct drivers are installed?

The DLPro error occurs not at all times, although it shows up frequently. Sometimes everything goes as flawless as expected.

And yes, the camera is set to PC communication. Initially it was not and then there was no communication at all ;)

The C: drive is a 20 GB partition which has more than 13 GB free. The images are stored on the D: partition which is a 100 GB partition with over 90 GB free.

Enjoy!
Herman.

herman
March 25th, 2005, 07:46 AM
I guess I could have provided more details on this....

DLPro is registered to respond to camera events. It is configured to auto-detect the camera, automatically download images when the application is started, to auto-rotate JPEGs, to delete files from the card after download, to launch BBPro after deleting the files and to exit DLPro when the previous actions are completed. Actually I did not touch these settings when I moved from my G5 to the 350D.

The described error occurs after downloading the images, so I guess it is safe to assume that the correct drivers are installed and that USB communication works as expected.

What puzzles me is that I can delete the images when I acknowledge the error message an just click on the DLPro button.

What puzzles me too is that this error did not show up anymore after I reported it here. Yesterday I came home with some 50 images in my camera, everything worked just fine.

Enjoy!
Herman.

Chris Breeze
March 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM
The exception is generated by the Canon libraries so it's possible that there is some sort of compatibility issue with the 350D. If this is the case there isn't much I can do until Canon update the EOS SDK to fully support the 350D.