PDA

View Full Version : Printed Pic cuts off the edges of "live view" image.

kaber
May 18th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Is there anyway to make the printed picture show exactly what is displayed on the live view monitor?

On a 4X6 picture, I am using 3 pictures up, duplicated on the second colomn with a header above each column. No matter what I do, peoples faces that are displayed on the end of the live view monitor get clipped in the picture.
My goal is for the people in the booth to recieve what "they" see on the monitor.

In photobooth settings, the radio buttons are selected for: "cropped" and "expanded" to fill any voids with a .5mm white edge around them.

Camera- Rebel 450D XSI (18-55mm lens)
Printer- Epson Picture mate 260
Monitor- 19"

Thanks- Love the program!

snapshot
May 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Since you have it set to crop, it will crop the pictures to best fit the printable space.

It appears as though you are using DSLRemote, and though I've never used it (I use PSremote), the last update had a experimental feature allowing you to crop the live view so that that what shows on the screen is what is actually printed.

You can read a little about it at the very bottom of the following article. http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth2.htm

kaber
May 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I do have DSLR Remote Pro.

I will try this to see if it helps.

I assume that in photobooth mode rescaling the live view feed from the monitor via the scroll wheel will open the pictures on the print.

If anyone else has tried this I would love to here from them.

Thanks