PDA

View Full Version : Timing between shots

Rich
May 20th, 2009, 03:13 PM
At first DSLRemote and the timing with the camera was good, off just a bit but usable. Now, the camera fires 3 photos in quick succession way before the count down is finished and I've been unable to figure out why. I've tried running the camera in manual mode, program mode and various ISO and Aperture settings and other the changing the photo is has no effect on the timing of the shots.

Should I be changing the delay in the photobooth setup?

Camera is Canon Rebel XT, and a laptop with Vista. Vista is not the problem as it worked fine before.

Any ideas?

Chris Breeze
May 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
What settings are you using for the delay before taking each photo and the time to preview each shot?

Rich
May 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Chris,

I was using the default setting in the photo booth mode, I think it's 5.

Today, it worked properly with a 5 sec. delay and a 1 sec. display of the taken picture in the booth before the next shot.

The other problem I'm having is that one day the booth will take great shots and having not moved lights nor changed settings, nothing changed that I can tell the photos will be too dark and I will have to readjust the settings to get the shot correct.

This is set up in my garage so the lighting is always the same, no windows. The only thing that changes is the temperature and humidity level.

Chris, other then these somewhat minor things everything else seems to work fine, great job on the software. When I get the booth 100% complete
I will send a photo of it along with some sample shots.

Rich