PDA

View Full Version : PS Remote Freezing - Pls Help

djitchy
June 2nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hello,

I was working a photobooth gig this past weekend, and PS remote appeared to freeze (live view image froze). I went into the computer and had to do a CTRL + ALT+ + DEL. I also had to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable connecting the camera. A few minutes later, it did it again! So I figured I would swap out the computers ( I brought an extra). A few minutes later, the problem came back. So I disconnected the USB cable which connected the Arcade style button, and manually just pressed F4 when people were ready to take the picture. This worked for me for the remainder of the night. Coincidence? or do you think the button is causing a problem?:confused:

Running latest version of PS Remote; windows XP; Canon Powershot G9; Arcade style button

Other than that, PS remote is a very user friendly product with lots of great features. Great job Chris!!!

Chris Breeze
June 3rd, 2009, 08:03 AM
It's hard to say whether it was just a coincidence. Can you do some more tests to see whether it only happens when the arcade button is connected?
Maybe the arcade button's USB interface is somehow killing the camera's USB connection. If you continue to have problems with the arcade button you could try using a StealthSwitch instead (or StealthSwitch 2 and connect the arcade button to it). There are details on how to do this here: http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth3.htm

solock
June 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I've noticed something similar. Different orders of usb connections seems to affect camera connections. I added a stealth switch to a setup and the camera (canon g10) shut its connection. Moved the camera to a usb on the pc (off of a powered usb hub) and all was fine. I dont think it was a power issue, it is a usb oddity...

Try moving connections around to other ports, on a desktop the front ports are often different addresses than the rear. I klnow that copal and sony dye subs are picky about returning to the exact same connection otherwise it prompts for a new printer install.