PDA

View Full Version : Cutting double strips in half

malibud
June 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I'm thinking about switching over to a dye sub. Problem is that it's impossible to put in paper that is the size of a traditional photobooth strip (around 2") so I guess I will start printing them out in the double strip layout. My question is this: how do you cut those strips at parties? Do you just put out scissors for guests to use, do your attendants cut them for your guests, or is there a way to add a slitter to the printer so they come out cut? Any ideas are appreciated.

snapshot
June 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
On some printers, you may be able to have a custom printer driver made to allow the cutting of the strips. I've heard

This would only be remotely possible on printers that naturally cut the photos along the 6" side of the print. The driver could be made to have the printer cut after feeding out 2" of paper instead of the usual 4".

On printers that cut along the 4" edge (like my up-cx1) there is nothing you could do as they don't possess the mechanism to slice vertically.

I just bought a little slicer. I position my table close to the printout tray so I can grab the photos as they print. One quick slice and then I hand the two strips to the customer. It only takes a second. I've done it many times and never had any issues. I would definitely get a paper slicer as opposed to just a plain pair of scissors. The slicer gives a nice smooth, even edge to each strip.

rpvincent
July 2nd, 2009, 04:58 AM
I would love to hear more from anyone that has experience with a dye sub that can do a 2" chop!