PDA

View Full Version : Features Request for PSRemote update

DavidK
March 24th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Hi Chris,

First off - thanks much for your fine DSLR Remote Pro and PSRemote Remote Capture products. They have been extremely useful in speedily developing my custom "C" application.

Your past replies to my questions have made it possible to get both programs running simultaneously and connect to a EOS-10D and PowerShot Pro1.

My needs for the Remote Capture products may be a bit different than most. The entire system is embedded on a remotely piloted aircraft. When the system powers up, I need it to come up in a known state. There is no keyboard, mouse or monitor. All interaction takes place through commands given over a radio link. Having a monitor during development stage has been valuable, as I can see the default settings come up on the menu drop-downs and occasionally make the change to a directory or change a check box to specify where to save a file.

With all that said, I'd like to ask that you consider implementing the following changes in your next release of PSRemote Pro dll and interface library. Much of this funtionality already exists in DSLR Remote 1.1 Beta 5...

1) SetOutputPath - seems to be ignored or is overriden by the interface menu directory settings
2) SetImageSizeQuality - enables adjustment of the photo size and quality
3) AutoFocus Lock - Allows finding a "good" focus setting and leaving it there
4) ISO - my version returns a status of "1" - corresponds to PSRemote Not Running
5) Save the File / Preferences settings between sessions. It always rechecks the date boxes and loses my filename prefix
6) Auto Reconnect to camera - perform the same as the functionality as presently exists on DSLR Remote

As always, thanks in advance!
David

wrybread
April 14th, 2005, 10:16 AM
A lot of that would be useful to me too. I built a photobooth around PSRemote, works great except that when I reboot the computer I need to look at the monitor and connect to the camera.

A problem I get commonly is having two instances of PSRemote running, since a) I set PSRemote to launch at startup, and b) it starts when the camera powers on. I do this since a) and b) aren't supposed to happen at once (usually I'll boot up with the camera already on).

I don't think there's any reason to have two instances of PSRemote running, and if more than one is running the command line interface breaks. So I'd add disabling multiple instances to the mix.

And continuously poll for the camera.

In general, make it possible to simply have PSRemote in the startup folder, and have it automatically connect to the camera, at least insofar as the camera itself makes that possible.

But great great great program.

I posted my photobooth system, if anyone's curious:

http://wrybread.com/photobooth/download

Chris Breeze
April 15th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I don't have any plans to update PSRemote at the moment but I will make a note of your suggestions.

RoyceH
March 5th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I could really use the auto reconnect feature in PsRemote just like in DslrRemote also. :D

erniehatt
March 31st, 2007, 12:23 AM
I am new to the program, but one thing that struck me was no feature to allow the use of continuous mode on the Canon A640. Can this be added in the future. Ernie

Chris Breeze
March 31st, 2007, 12:35 PM
Do you mean continuous shooting? If so, the answer is that it isn't possible to do this because the Canon libraries require the current shot to be saved or downloaded to the PC before the next shot can be taken.

erniehatt
March 31st, 2007, 11:35 PM
Do you mean continuous shooting? If so, the answer is that it isn't possible to do this because the Canon libraries require the current shot to be saved or downloaded to the PC before the next shot can be taken.

Thanks Chris, that is what I was after. Ernie