PDA

View Full Version : Cropping of live view image

trinitron
July 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM
This function doesn't work for me because I have the camera mounted sideways. It ends up cropping the left and right hand side of the live image instead of the top and bottom. Can this feature be put in the next upgrade? Thanks in advance.

Chris Breeze
July 15th, 2009, 07:32 AM
The cropping function is designed to crop from the left and right when the camera is in portrait or landscape orientation. It was never intended to crop from the top and bottom.

trinitron
July 24th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Is it possible to add this feature to crop the top and bottom, so that the liveview matches the print? I run into this problem alot when people choose to stand in the booth as oppose to sitting (particularly when a lot of people cram into the booth.) And I have to constantly remind them to squat down more because their heads will be cropped off.

kapterian
July 25th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I also have the same problem. People's heads always get cropped.

Chris Breeze
July 27th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Currently only cropping live view from the left and right is supported. Cropping top and bottom off portrait orientation images is a little bit trickier because it also affects the live view scaling. I can't do anything in time for the next release (custom print layouts, due to be released this week) but I will give it some thought for the release after that. In the meantime you can avoid the problem by designing the layout to use the full frame without cropping - this is easier to do using the new custom layout options.

nhanandmel
May 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Currently only cropping live view from the left and right is supported. Cropping top and bottom off portrait orientation images is a little bit trickier because it also affects the live view scaling. I can't do anything in time for the next release (custom print layouts, due to be released this week) but I will give it some thought for the release after that. In the meantime you can avoid the problem by designing the layout to use the full frame without cropping - this is easier to do using the new custom layout options.

Sorry I know this is an old thread, but how do I get my layout to use the full frame without cropping? Is it because my footer is too tall? I've recently started my photobooth stuff back up and can't remember how to get it to go full frame. . . thanks in advance! Also, I'm not using any header, just a footer.

Chris Breeze
May 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM
You can adjust the cropping of the live view display by pressing shift+curor left/right when in full screen photobooth mode. The amount of cropping is briefly displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen. To remove and cropping hold down the shift and cursor left keys until the crop size reaches 0.

To remove any cropping of prints uncheck the "Crop image if require to fit printable area" if you're using auto layout. If you're using the custom layout the image won't be cropped if you set the width or height to 0 or if the width and height have the same aspect ratio as the photos (3:2 for a Canon or Nikon DSLR).

apples
May 10th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Sorry I know this is an old thread, but how do I get my layout to use the full frame without cropping? Is it because my footer is too tall? I've recently started my photobooth stuff back up and can't remember how to get it to go full frame. . . thanks in advance! Also, I'm not using any header, just a footer.

I don't think that many now use either headers or footers - much easier to create your own background.jpg or overlay.png