PDA

View Full Version : Taking too many images

solock
July 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Have a new issue on a setup that worked fine with exact same settings...

When "Number of Images is set to 4, the software started taking 6 images.

It uses the first 4 for the print, but takes 2 extras...

When set to 3 it takes 3, but 4 equals 6...

I believe it is version 1.6.5 of PSRemote ( it is in palm springs CA for a function at our buying group, and I am in Pennsylvania so my operator is relaying this to me via cell phone...)

Any ideas as to why 3=3 but 4=6??

Chris Breeze
July 20th, 2009, 08:22 AM
It's possible that this is a similar problem to the one discussed in this thread: http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3285

Please can you try this development version to see whether it fixes the problem:
http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/PSRem165dev20090710.exe

solock
July 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM
I installed this version and it still is a problem.

Sequence is like this..

4 photos, 2 columns, 4 rows, repeat photos to fill

Time between 5 sec, 1 sec review.

f4, audio and visual countdown starts
takes pic 1, show review for 1 sec, start audio 2 (up to now all is ok)
at 3 sec to go, it takes pic 2, shows review, and starts visual for shot 3, takes pic 4, shows processing, taked pic 5 and after a second or so takes pic 6

Pic 1-4 are on the print...

I installed the program on an identical laptop (eeepc 1000HA) and all is fine. Works as intended..

Returned to the problem PC, uninstalled the program, restarted, installed the dev version, confirmed settings and things are still bad...

Something is left in the registery as I didnt have to register again after uninstall/restart/reinstall. Is there anything else that an uninstall would leave behind?

This system worked fine for a few jobs, so thats most confusing...

Same graphics and audio set on another pc works fine...

Thanks for any assistance...

Steve

solock
July 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Any further suggestions why a reinstall onthe malfunctioning system would still do this even after uninstalling and reinstalling??

I prefer to get back to the original pc.

Steve

Chris Breeze
July 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry I don't know why you're getting different results on two similar PCs. You could try manually deleting all the settings from the registry and then re-entering the photobooth settings. The settings are stored under the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\PSRemote

solock
July 27th, 2009, 02:44 PM
using the developers version, uninstalling, wiping the registry, restarting and reinstalling DID resolve the issue.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did NOT resolve the issue with the developer version.

Thanks for the help.