PDA

View Full Version : Printing Consistency - Urgent!

carroll1
July 25th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Hey Everyone,

I recently switched to a dye sublimation printer. I noticed that when I print while using full screen photobooth mode (I.e. PSRemote is sending the job to the printer) I get an image that has a slight red/blurriness to it.

When I go to the folder where the file is and print it, it looks much better.

In other words, it seems that PSRemote is sending a different image to the printer or different print settings than when I manually print the file.

I've tried different drivers. Any thoughts?

Also, I haven't touched any of the settings within the printer, and my printer default setting appear to match those within PSRemote.

Can someone that uses a dye sub try this...have your booth print a picture and locate the file and print it...any differences?

snapshot
July 25th, 2009, 12:51 AM
I have a dye-sub and have printed many photos manually. I've never noticed any difference between those and the photos printed from PSRemote and the photo booth.

Chris Breeze
July 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM
The only thing I can think of is maybe the printer settings are different when you print the images out afterwards. The JPEG copy that PSRemote saves is identical to the image it sends to the printer. If the app you use to print the images out afterwards does any additional processing (e.g. it might sharpen the images or handle color management instead of letting the the printer driver do it) then it will probably produce different results from PSRemote.