PDA

View Full Version : AutoHotKey: Trying to add a secret "Esc" button

rpvincent
July 29th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I am trying to add a hidden area on the screen that can be used to exit out of full screen mode but it doesn't seem that one of the programs likes my callout:

else if (ypos > 392 && ypos {
key = ^4
text = 4 copies of prints selected
}
else if (ypos > 489 && ypos {
key = Escape
text = Exit
}
}
else if (ypos > 622)
{
; user pressed at the bottom of the screen to select B&W or color
if (xpos > 696 && xpos {

I threw the surrounding text to show where i used it.

Any ideas?

el_supremo
July 29th, 2009, 03:00 AM
else if (ypos > 489 && ypos {
key = Escape
text = Exit
}
}
Is the second closing brace meant to be there?

Pete

rpvincent
July 29th, 2009, 05:29 AM
instead of having:

key = Escape

it should be:

sendinput {Escape}

This is a nice little add-on you other folks might want to consider!

Chris Breeze
July 29th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I think it's probably a bit too specialized to include as an input option in the app itself.

BTW the fullscreen photobooth window is named "Breeze Systems Photobooth" and so you can use the AutoHotkey WinActivate command to ensure that it has input focus before sending the keypress e.g.

WinActivate,Breeze Systems Photobooth
Sleep 50
sendinput {Escape}

fernando
May 27th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I am trying to add a hidden area on the screen that can be used to exit out of full screen mode but it doesn't seem that one of the programs likes my callout:

I threw the surrounding text to show where i used it.

Any ideas?

Could you solve this problem? How?
Thanks.

Chris Breeze
May 28th, 2013, 11:58 AM
You could use something like this:

#SingleInstance force
SetTitleMatchMode,2

#IfWinActive, Breeze Systems Photobooth
LButton::
MouseGetPos, xPos, yPos
if (xPos > 800 && xPos 500 && yPos {
ControlSend,,{Escape},Breeze Systems Photobooth
}
else
{
Click %xPos%, %yPos%
}
return

fernando
May 29th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks Chris.

ezphotoboothjax
May 31st, 2013, 09:17 PM
Just curious, I programmed a secret spot on my touch screen to exit the photo booth full screen. What is the benefit of using autohotkey vs the touch screen button?

Chris Breeze
June 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Just curious, I programmed a secret spot on my touch screen to exit the photo booth full screen. What is the benefit of using autohotkey vs the touch screen button?

You're right, there's no benefit using the AutoHotKey script instead of the built-in touchscreen action. However, the AutoHotKey script technique could be useful if you want to add special actions or sequences which aren't covered by the standard touchscreen actions.

fernando
June 1st, 2013, 01:32 PM

Hello. Can you explain me how did you do that spot?
Thanks.

Chris Breeze
June 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Set the "Start options:" dropdown list in the photobooth settings dialog to "Touchscreen" then click on the "Settings..." button on the right to display the "Touchscreen Settings" dialog. Then set one of the actions to "Exit fullscreen photobooth" (the last option in the list) and then define the area that should trigger it using the left, top, right and bottom settings e.g. if the computer has a screen resolution of 1366x768 pixels and you want to define the area in the bottom right hand corner you could use left=1266, top=668, right=1366, bottom=768.

fernando
June 3rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Set the "Start options:" dropdown list in the photobooth settings dialog to "Touchscreen" then click on the "Settings..." button on the right to display the "Touchscreen Settings" dialog. Then set one of the actions to "Exit fullscreen photobooth" (the last option in the list) and then define the area that should trigger it using the left, top, right and bottom settings e.g. if the computer has a screen resolution of 1366x768 pixels and you want to define the area in the bottom right hand corner you could use left=1266, top=668, right=1366, bottom=768.

Thank you very much.