PDA

View Full Version : Over Exposure & Lock up

Rich
August 14th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Sometimes and only sometimes the first shots in a series of let's say 3 shots will be over exposed this can happen in the middle of a shoot with nothing having been changed. The next 2 shots are exposed just fine.

I'm using and external flash on the camera and external lights, it's all inside the booth but external to the camera. Camera is EOS Rebel, Canon flash, new laptop with 4 gigs of ram.

Only happens occasionally.

Yesterday the booth would take 4 shots, print the picture but the 4th shot would still be on the screen and not the live view. Software was restarted and seemed to solve the problem only to return a little later.

Today, no problems with lock up but did have at least one over exposure event

Also are there is there a revision list available for DSLR Remote Pro?

Chris Breeze
August 25th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Sorry I can't really help with the over exposure problem as it is probably related to the firing of the external flash and lights and would happen anyway whether the camera was fired standalone or via DSLR Remote Pro.

Are you using the latest version, DSLR Remote Pro v1.7.6? You can view the release history here (accessed via the support pages): http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/release_history.htm

Rich
September 3rd, 2009, 02:25 AM
Since I'm not the user of the booth I just hear when it does not work. I went back and found the flash was timing out/shutting down when the booth was in active for a period of time.

As for the 4th, or last, picture lock up. I suspect the printer driver as I found some error messages in the computer to that effect. So, I will reinstall the drivers and see what happens.

Thanks and thanks for the updates. Great Product!

Rich