PDA

View Full Version : Two buttons-color & BW

greggie1
August 26th, 2009, 09:55 PM
How do I set up two buttons where people can choose B&W or color?

thanks, Greg

snapshot
August 27th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Make two buttons, plug them into your computer, and using the photo booth button utility set one button to start the sequence in color and the other to start it in b&w.

Chris Breeze
August 27th, 2009, 08:02 AM
This series of articles on photobooth shooting has a section on the various input options: http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth.htm

The StealthSwitch II is simpler to setup than using a serial connection and the pushbutton utility.

okcfb
September 21st, 2009, 01:49 PM
Chris is it possible to add the option of changing the number of prints with the pushbutton utility. I currently have the black and white and color option. It would be nice to have buttons available to change from 1 or 2 prints.

Chris Breeze
September 22nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Yes, the pushbutton utility can do this. Just click on the dropdown list of actions for the required button and select 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 prints.

okcfb
September 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
I must have an old version but this is all I can access with the drop down window. I am running v1.1 which is the latest one posted.
http://okcfinestphotobooth.com/images/SP32-20090922-070821.jpg

snapshot
September 23rd, 2009, 12:03 AM
That's an old version. The current is version 1.2 and allows you to set a button to increase or decrease the number of prints, or to just set a certain number of copies to print. This newest version must have been released with the PSRemote 1.7v.

carroll1
September 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
So...if one guest wanted 2 copies in black and white, and the next wanted 1 in color...can this be accommodated?

Can/should touchscreen be used for this?

Thanks!

snapshot
September 23rd, 2009, 10:34 PM
I think you could do that, but I'm not totally sure.

You would need 4 buttons though. One to increase the number of prints, another to decrease the number of prints, and then one button to start in B&W and then one more to start in color.

That could get quite complicated.

Jonny
September 24th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I think you could do that, but I'm not totally sure.

You would need 4 buttons though. One to increase the number of prints, another to decrease the number of prints, and then one button to start in B&W and then one more to start in color.

That could get quite complicated.

I agree, once the guests get a few drinks in them, complicated is what you don't want.

carroll1
September 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
So, with touch screen...you can't create 4 "buttons" to accomplish this?

-1 print B/W
-2 print B/W
-1 color
-2 color

Thanks!

snapshot
September 24th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I don't know. I don't use a touch screen, so I'm not sure how the input with them works.

If you can just set four different areas of the screen to act like buttons, then yes you should be able to accomplish this, but not the way you have it. At least not if the input on the touchscreen is basically limited to the same inputs available via the push button utility.

I think you would have to set it up more like having two "buttons" to choose # of prints - 1 or 2 and then two more to choose b&w or color. I think this because on the push button utility, selecting the number of prints is a completely different action then choosing b&w or color. So to do it how you said would require each press of the touch screen to send two inputs (first the number of prints and then whether it is b&w or color) and I don't know if that's possible.

I could be wrong though, Chris may have to settle this one.

obtphoto
September 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Something else you could do it will be to use a keyboard for now if you are going to be at the booth all the time. With a keyboard, you could easily use Ctrl key combination to increase and decrease the number of prints. I believe it it ctrl-# where # is the number of prints you want. Example, ctrl-2 will set number of prints to 2. I think you can also use ctrl+ and ctrl- (plus and minus key) to increase and decrease the number of prints as well.

Please check to make sure that the key combination I mentioned are the right ones.

carroll1
September 25th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Chris, in your tutorial, you mention the following:

"Another way to use a touchscreen is to have the screen display updated automatically when the user makes a selection (this is an experimental feature available in DSLR Remote Pro). A simple script can be used to detect where the user touches the screen and send a key press to the photobooth software to change a setting which updates the screen display to confirm the selection."

Is this an option on the latest version of PSRemote...if not, will it be?

Thanks!

Chris Breeze
September 25th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I'm planning to add this to PSRemote and NKRemote in the next update.