PDA

View Full Version : NKRemote

arangraham
September 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM
Two issues I am having with NKRemote:

(1) Can the live view window be moved? Will this be available soon? In full-screen mode, it's centered and hugs the top of the screen. I'd love to be able to move it somewhere else. That would make it easier to make custom screens. Text doesn't look that good when it's crunched up on the sides and bottom.

(2) When using a D-90, the camera itself will automatically disable live view and close the shutter to preserve itself from heat. When this happens, the live view shown on the full-screen mode freezes because the shutter is closed. Is there any way that the software can be made to keep the camera awake so that this doesn't occur?

Chris Breeze
September 3rd, 2009, 11:26 AM
You can only change the size of the live view display in fullscreen photobooth mode. It is always centered horizontally and displayed at the top of the screen. This is so that when the camera is positioned above the display users looking at the live view are also looking towards the camera.

The Nikon D90 appears to have a temperature sensor which detects the sensor becoming too hot and automatically disables live view. When I tested it with my D90 it ran for about 55 minutes before disabling live view but when I select live view again it only ran for 7 minutes. I think the only way to avoid this problem is to turn off live view when the photobooth is not in use. If you use the auto reconnect option (in the Camera menu) you can turn the camera off in fullscreen photobooth mode and it will display the not_connected.jpg screen. Turning the camera back on again will auto matically reconnect and display the ready.jpg screen.

rikiboy
September 8th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Hi Chris, i'm an NKRemote user, sometimes I encountered an access violation error when I disconnect the camera and connect it again.

And also, is it possible to preview the final strip while it was printed or for at least at specified seconds? I think it is beneficial for us who uses slow printer.

Thank you very much.

Chris Breeze
September 8th, 2009, 08:11 AM
What camera are you using and how are you disconnecting it (removing the cable, turning the camera off or selecting disconnect from the Camera menu)?

There isn't a way to display the finished layout in NKRemote. You may be able to speed up the printing by selecting a lower printer resolution and a smaller image size in the camera.

rikiboy
September 8th, 2009, 09:24 AM
What camera are you using and how are you disconnecting it (removing the cable, turning the camera off or selecting disconnect from the Camera menu)?

There isn't a way to display the finished layout in NKRemote. You may be able to speed up the printing by selecting a lower printer resolution and a smaller image size in the camera.

Thank you for the quick reply Chris. We're using Nikon D90 and I was disconnecting the camera by turning it off.