PDA

View Full Version : Help! Runtime error

Brian Peterson
September 11th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Chris, I posted a while back that I was getting a runtime error, abnormal termination of communication with camera a while back before I purchased the license. You said that it was a bad usb cable. So I switched it out. Everything worked fine for the past month and then last week, wham, the error comes back. There is no rhyme or reason to the error, the software can run an hour fine and then error out or it can run 1 minute and error out and everything in between.

I have replaced the usb cable, again, this time with a $50 one, no luck.:( I have moved to different usb ports on the computer, no luck. The booth is going out on rental Saturday and I need this fixed.

The camera is a Canon powershot sx110is. PS remote version of software, windows xp.

Chris Breeze
September 11th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Is the camera getting enough power? If it is running on rechargeable batteries the voltage might be a bit low and this could cause the camera to be unreliable.

Brian Peterson
September 11th, 2009, 01:43 PM
It is actually running off of an outlet. But that had crossed my mind as a potential cause, power under run. I don't have any batteries in the camera, do you think if I put batteries in there and run it off the wall, the batteries may even out the power flow?

jonmonts
September 11th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Brian-

I have heard several people mention that it's always a good idea to have batteries in any device that takes them while it's plugged into the wall. Also, I own an Epson P-2000 photo storage viewer, the manual instructs you to never plug it in without a battery present (in this case re-chargeable battery). Not sure the rhyme or season to it, but I'd definitely try it out. Good luck getting it all straightened out.

-jm

Brian Peterson
September 12th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Brian-
I have heard several people mention that it's always a good idea to have batteries in any device that takes them while it's plugged into the wall. Also, I own an Epson P-2000 photo storage viewer, the manual instructs you to never plug it in without a battery present (in this case re-chargeable battery). Not sure the rhyme or season to it, but I'd definitely try it out. Good luck getting it all straightened out.
-jm

Thanks.

My solution for now is, batteries are in place, but from what I can tell the batteries are disconnected when you plug the wall power in. Second I have unplugged the power supply from the 6 prong strip and will run it to it's own outlet on the wall.

I leave for Orlando tomorrow and someone else runs the booth tomorrow night so fingers crossed.

jonmonts
September 13th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Good luck. I hope everything goes smoothly.

-jm

jonmonts
September 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Brian-

What's the word? Did everything work out at your event? Let us know.

-jm

Brian Peterson
September 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Jon, just got back from my trip. Talked to the guy who was operating it and everything went smoothly. No runtime errors. :)

jonmonts
September 18th, 2009, 10:52 PM
very nice. I'm glad to hear that everything worked out. Thanks for letting everyone know.

-jm

snapshot
September 19th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Glad everything went well. I've worked all my events myself so far. I would probably be a nervous wreck checking in all the time if I wasn't there

Brian Peterson
September 20th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I've worked all my events myself so far. I would probably be a nervous wreck checking in all the time if I wasn't there

I learned to delegate a long time ago. Trust me a photo booth is far less stressful than sending out a video team on their own. You aren't going to get rich if you have to do everything yourself and I'm out to make money.

djitchy
September 28th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I learned to delegate a long time ago. Trust me a photo booth is far less stressful than sending out a video team on their own. You aren't going to get rich if you have to do everything yourself and I'm out to make money.

I agree with that 100%. However, one thing has made me afraid to delegate!!! PS remote has frozen on me for the past 4 gigs I have done. I don't know what is causing it. I have tried different computers, different printers, different buttons. Can anybody help?