PDA

View Full Version : unable to release the shutter

tkendall
September 17th, 2009, 01:40 AM
when I try to do a test shot this is the error I get. It tells me to to make sure the LCD display is off and try again. I apologize for my in-experience...what am I doing wrong? I recall having this problem in the beginning, but I can't remember how I fixed it and it's been a while since I turned to program on. Thanks for the help! Tiffiny

tkendall
September 17th, 2009, 02:27 AM
ok, tell me if I'm on to something. When I start my laptop dslr remote pro automatically comes up. I then turn on my camera and cancel the EOS utility from canon. I remembered that had to be done, but did not remember that I can not start the program before that is done. The program has to be ran after the utility has been canceled? Once I do that, no more errors with releasing the shutter. Please tell me if I'm missing something.

Chris Breeze
September 17th, 2009, 07:33 AM
You can't have two apps accessing the camera at the same time. I think EOS Utility by-passes Windows AutoPlay if you select its "Start EOS Utility automatically when the camera is connected option" and this will cause problems if you also use AutoPlay to launch DSLR Remote Pro. If you disable the auto startup option in EOS Utility you can use Windows AutoPlay to prompt you for which app to run when a camera is connected.

tkendall
September 18th, 2009, 09:57 PM
thanks very much!