PDA

View Full Version : Feature request

Jonny
September 24th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Would it be possible to have a check mark to designate to save all images to a second location and an area to specify where to save them too?

I would like to have an external usb hard drive hooked up and have the images saved to it at the same time they are saved to the hard drive on the PC.

Even better, after saving to the PC's hard drive, an option to save to the CD-ROM. That way I could use a RW CD and generate my CD copy as the photos are taken rather than burn them after the event.

On the plus side, if after you are 3/4 of the way in to the event and the PC craps out, you don't have to worry about trying to get the images off of the crapped out PC.

Thanks.

Chris Breeze
September 24th, 2009, 07:56 AM
You could use something like Microsoft's free synctoy to automatically sync the folders during the shoot. This page has details on how to automate this: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/01/schedule-synctoy-to-run-and-automatically-and-repetitively/

Jonny
September 24th, 2009, 08:06 PM
You could use something like Microsoft's free synctoy to automatically sync the folders during the shoot. This page has details on how to automate this: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/01/schedule-synctoy-to-run-and-automatically-and-repetitively/

I'll check that out and see how well it works.

Thanks.

alexsiskahn
September 24th, 2009, 11:31 PM
the issue with sync toy is that it has to be manually started up. Sync Now! is another program that I've used that does real time back ups.

I still like the original posters' idea. There are certain applicaitons like hot folder printers that allow one to do cool things but require a second set of saved images due to the fact that hot folder printing destroys the files after they are printed. I for one would love to see this feature implemented if nothing else for back up security and simplicity instead of relying on forget for me to back things up or start another program to do it.