PDA

View Full Version : No more new Hardware for PSREMOTE!

alexsiskahn
September 24th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Canon sucks it has removed the remote feature from all it's new point and shoots. If you want to use PSremote than you have no choice but to buy a used camera off ebay.

Chris Breeze
September 25th, 2009, 07:44 AM
It is disappointing that the new PowerShot models don't have remote capture capability. I think part of the reason is because the latest Canon DSLRs with live view have excellent remote capture capabilities and cost less than the high end PowerShot models - a Canon EOS 1000D/Rebel XS makes a far better photobooth camera than a Canon PowerShot G10 and costs less.

jdorman
October 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
I understand that DSLRs are better cameras than the G series. But does it make that much of a difference for a photo booth? I use a G5 with a speedlite 430 and the pictures come out looking great. Is the DSLR really worth the investment?

djitchy
October 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM
How can I tell if a camera I am purchasing will still support PSRemote? I am looking into the S5...will this work? Will a NEW S5 support PSRemote? Or does it have to be a used S5?

snapshot
October 1st, 2009, 06:58 PM
The s5 will work. In this case "new" refers to the camera models that will be released in the future. For example, for g-series cameras, the G10 was the last camera that would work. The upcoming "new" G11 will not.

The s5 is not a new camera, as it was released years ago.

Here is the list of supported camera models (http://www.breezesys.com/PSRemote/features.htm#ps).

djitchy
October 1st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks Snapshot...

I currently use a G9, and I love it. Has anybody heard anything about the S5? Although I like the G9, its fairly pricey and thought it was a little overkill for a photobooth. Should the S5 suffice?

snapshot
October 1st, 2009, 08:40 PM
I use a G9 as well. I have no experience with the S5 personally, but I know a lot of people use it and like it a lot.

nhanandmel
October 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I use a canon S5 and it works great. If you can find a good deal on it I'd go for it. I bought mines used off CL.

peaceman
February 16th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks fro all the great info above. Do any of you use these cameras with a separate flash unit? I have a g10 and when we try to use it in manual mode after it takes the first photo the live view uses the f stop/shutter speed settings and the live view is too dark to use. The g10 will fire a remote flash with a hot shoe adapter so I need a camera like that. I have tried other cameras using a slave and the pre flash fires the slave so I can't use a off camera flash. So any of you guys use setups with separate flash units? If so how do you get around the live view issue?

alexsiskahn
February 16th, 2011, 06:39 PM
most S series and G series
cameras can be set to NOT emit preflash.