PDA

View Full Version : Help- PS Remote Freezing

djitchy
September 28th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hello fellow boothers,

I had 2 gigs this past weekend and PS remote froze on me a couple of times. I have been plagued with this problem for months now, and I'm scared to delegate the booth because of this issue. There is no rhyme or reason as to when PS Remote freezes. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for quite some time.

One night the booth will perform with no glitches whatsoever, and another night (using the same exact setup) it will freeze several times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

alexsiskahn
September 29th, 2009, 03:43 AM
might be a bad usb cable. the only way to solve this issue is to turn off PSremote, change the usb by putting it into a different port and then restarting the program. works everytime, unfortunately, you should't have to use it.

Dannygonzales73
September 29th, 2009, 05:14 AM
The only time I've ever had issues with the software crashing (so far/fingers crossed) was when it was due to my camera. At one event I thought maybe the software was corrupted, so I reinstalled it (this was before my event started)...same issue. So I wwapped out laptops, same thing...that's when I started freaking out. I ended up just having turn my camera off & on that fixed my problem.

So it makes sense that it could possibly be the camera or usb cable since this software is directly communicating with a piece of hardware.

okcfb
September 29th, 2009, 02:27 PM
The only time I have had it lock up like that is when power is interrupted from the camera. I usually have batteries in the camera and the external AC, but I removed them and was running just off of the External AC plug. I had a show this weekend and the hotel power kept shutting down. When my ups kicked off the battery back up it would lock up the computer which has its own battery being a laptop. I would have to cycle the camera on and off after I esc out of photobooth mode. Wait for the camera to reconnect and then go back to photobooth mode. So I don't know if you have a bad usb cable or a power issue to the camera, ie low battery or intermittent power from the plug.

okcfb
September 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
The camera was freezing with the lens extended and powering off. I had to esc photobooth mode and cycle the power on the camera until it reconnected and then resume photobooth mode to continue. The screen on the live view would also freeze when the camera powered off. Does that sound like what you were experiencing.

djitchy
September 29th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hmm...Thanks for all of your suggestions guys....The next thing I will try to do is swap out my USB cables. The power at the events I've done recently seemed pretty consistent. I've noticed that it froze one time during the "photo taking" sequence and the other time was when it was sending information to the printer. I wonder if I have two bad USB cables. The tricky part of troubleshooting this problem is that it is very inconsistent. It would run for hours with no glitches or it could freeze within the first 5 minutes.

carroll1
September 29th, 2009, 05:40 PM
What camera are you using? It seems like that is one of the things you have not tried to swap out...

djitchy
September 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I am using a Canon Powershot G9

I purchased the camera refurbished....That will be the next thing I try to swap out if all else fails....:(