PDA

View Full Version : Taking jpg either stays on or repeats after blank screen.

kiwi
October 4th, 2009, 08:39 PM
The way I have set up DSLR remote is: no count down, taking jpg, black screen while shutter operates, a 4 sec delay between shots & no preview. The problem is that the taking jpg shows briefly after the black screen & before the video shows again. As my taking jpg says FREEZE this can cause a bit of confusion. Have I missed something in the set up?

Chris Breeze
October 5th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by saying it displays the taking jpg and a black screen while shutter operates. The way it works is it displays the taking.jpg image a couple of seconds before actually taking the photo and changes to the 1.jpg, 2.jpg etc. countdown screen before taking the next photo.

I've just tested DSLR Remote Pro on my system with the delay between photos is set to 0 and it displays the following sequence of screens: ready, taking - takes picture #1, taking - takes picture #2, taking - takes picture #3, taking - takes picture #4, processing, ready. The live view has virtually no time to update between shots.

kiwi
October 7th, 2009, 12:11 AM
The way my set up works is: Delay set to 4 seconds & black screen when shutter operates. The sequence I get is ready, taking - takes picture #1 & screen goes black at same time, taking screen briefly appears again then live view. I have no countdown screen & the sequence starts again with taking - takes picture #2 etc

Chris Breeze
October 7th, 2009, 08:35 AM
What setting are you using to make the screen go black when taking the picture? What camera are you using ann are you using live view?

kiwi
October 8th, 2009, 01:38 AM
The setting for the black screen or blank screen I got from the photo booth settings under CAMERA. If this becomes a big problem we will simply go back to not having the blank screen. It seemed like a good idea at the time as we could tell our clients that the photo was being taken when the screen went black.

Chris Breeze
October 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM
The blank screen option isn't really intended to be used in photobooth mode. I'll take a look at it in the next release and see whether it's possible to get it to coordinate with the photobooth screens.

kiwi
October 15th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I have been out of town & I have just read your reply. Thank you for your prompt attention Chris. It seemed like a good way of indicating that the shot was being taken. We have returned to not using the blank screen - no biggy really.