PDA

View Full Version : File size of PNG

Strike A Pose Maui
October 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
HI. I am totally new to this Breezesys. It was recommended by another photobooth business, and I was just wondering what size do I need to make the template when I am creating it in Photoshop. Everytime I try to create an overlay, it is too small and does not fit the photos that are taken.

Also how do I change the the pictures to be landscape and not portrait? with an overlay next to it.?

Chris Breeze
October 6th, 2009, 08:59 AM
The image should be the same size as the printed output in pixels. The easiest way to this is to set the output mode to "JPEG copy only", take a test sequence and then load the saved JPEG layout into your image editor.

You can specify the orientation using the settings in the View menu.

Strike A Pose Maui
October 6th, 2009, 11:37 AM
how do i make the photos smaller? all the final prints come out to be 5100w x 6000h pixels. it slows my computer down. Is it bad to have the PSRemote on one computer and the image editor(photoshop) on another?

When i try to save the file as PNG it says that it is too large. Also is it necessary to add a layer mask before I begin creating the overlay?

snapshot
October 6th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Wow, that's huge. What kind of printer are you using? The resolution of my finished prints is only 1248x1848 (or something close to that, I can't remember exactly). Are you sure that is right?

What do you use photoshop for?

okcfb
October 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
That's a good question do you have a dyesub printer hooked up with the settings to a 4X6. The only time I have seen anything like that is when I forget to change the printer from my regular desktop printer which is set to full paper size. Might be your issue.

Chris Breeze
October 7th, 2009, 08:39 AM
You can save PNG files as compressed or uncompressed data. The compression is lossless and should result in a much smaller file.
You need the alpha channel in the PNG overlay to store the transparency information otherwise you'd only see the overlay and not the images behind it.

Strike A Pose Maui
October 7th, 2009, 11:23 AM
ook.. so maybe hooking up the printer would help. I haven't hooked up the printer yet, because i wanted to get used to the program first. i'm thinking that was the issue. thanks guys!!! i'll let you know how it goes!! i really appreciate all the feedback!

Strike A Pose Maui
October 7th, 2009, 11:24 AM
snapshot, i use photoshop for the customize graphics. it works best for me. do u recommend any other programs that i should use?

snapshot
October 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
The printer doesn't have to be actually hooked up, but it will need to at least be installed. In PSRemote, go to the printing preferences and select the printer you want to use and be sure to set the paper to the correct size.

Now, you can tell PSRemote to just save a jpeg and not print. Take a test shot, and PSRemote will construct the printout to fit the settings of the printer you told it to use, even if it wasn't actually plugged in.

Before, if you never adjusted the print preferences, it would have used the settings from you default printer, which probably meant it constructed the printout to fit on an 8.5x11 sheet, resulting in the huge resolution of the file.

I use photoshop as well for logos and such, though I have used gimp in the past with success.

I was just wondering because your description wasn't clear on what you used it for. Your description made it seem like you potentially were capturing the photos on one computer, then sending them to another for editing via photoshop before printing. Now that I know what you meant, it doesn't matter that they are on two separate machines. I make logos on one computer and them send them to another to actually use with my photo booth all the time.

Strike A Pose Maui
October 8th, 2009, 11:49 AM
hey snapshot. i really appreciate all your help! i just had another question.. after i have already deleted the unused footer and have no footer in the folder. the foot keeps coming up? why is that? also. now i'm having all these lines on my prints? what are they from?

snapshot
October 9th, 2009, 03:25 PM
That's weird about the footer thing. I've never seen that before, and I'm not sure how it's possible to still print the footer, if it isn't in folder anymore. Are you sure you deleted it from the folder PSRemote is looking in (i.e. the photobooth images folder) and not just a copy of it somewhere else?

As for the lines on the print, it's tough to say without really seeing it. It could possibly be a printer problem, clogged print head or something.

Strike A Pose Maui
October 10th, 2009, 09:39 AM
hmmm the lines are wierd. its just on he jpeg file not on the actual print.

and as for the footer. it was still there so i had to re-create all the folders and then the problems were solved.. i think its smooth sailing from here. i just have to learn the custom photobooth settings.

thanks again for all you help..

btw any tips on understanding the custom photobooth settings?