PDA

View Full Version : File transfer slow...

Seiford
October 10th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'm testing out DSLR Remote Pro for a photo booth for school functions.

I'm using my old Canon Digital Rebel and it seems very slow (about 14 seconds) transfering the pictures to the laptop (after each shot is taken).

Is there any way to speed this up? I already have resolution set to fine.

The long pause between shots is awkward for the people sitting in the photo booth. Suggestions?

Thanks. -Cathy

snapshot
October 11th, 2009, 05:24 AM
If it is a pretty old camera, it's very possible that it uses USB 1.1, which is much, much slower then USB 2.0 that newer cameras use.

If that is the case, I'm not sure there is much you can do to speed up the transfer, other then making the quality even lower, as you are stuck with the slow transfer speed of the USB 1.1.

Chris Breeze
October 12th, 2009, 09:25 AM
The original Digital Rebel (aka EOS 300D) is USB 1.1 which is much slower at downloading images than more recent cameras using USB 2.0. You can reduce the download time by keeping the file sizes small e.g. by shooting small JPEGs.

Seiford
October 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into getting a different camera.

I don't intend this to be a business, just use it for local school fundraisers.

Any suggestions on what used camera I should hunt for?

photoboothier
October 13th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I'm using a Digital Rebel (300D) as well and the transfer time isn't too bad if you set the photo size to small. Since the prints are pretty small, it's not a big deal.

Hope that helps.

Seiford
October 14th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Boy do I feel stupid. My camera reset back to Large (high quality) instead of small.

Now transfer time is about 5 seconds. That's workable.

Thanks!