PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using a netbook?

nhanandmel
October 27th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Is or has anybody ran the program on a netbook? How well did it work out? Did you encounter any delays or problems?

I'm thinking about buying a netbook and running the program off of that but I thought I'd get some insight from other peoples experiences before I buy it. Thanks in advance!

photoboothco
October 29th, 2009, 02:56 AM
We've been using an EEPC900 in one of our booths as a test for a few months.. seems to be performing like a champ so far.

There is a bit of a delay with processing of the strips, but nothing that is unbearable.

nhanandmel
October 30th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks! If anybody else has any experience your insight would be greatly appreciated!

solock
October 30th, 2009, 01:56 PM
we've been using an eeepc 1000HA without problems.

nhanandmel
November 5th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Thanks for your replies! One more question . . . have you had any overheating issues with running the program 4-5 hours?

stillmation
November 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your replies! One more question . . . have you had any overheating issues with running the program 4-5 hours?

1000H here and certainly no probs with overheating. This little puppy runs much heavier stuff than photobooth for hours on end with no issues. Of course, just made sure there's enough circulation around it.

Next step I might try is a solid state drive in it. I've just seen a 120gb drive that is tempting... fast as you like too!

Dannygonzales73
November 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM
No problems here either. Using netbooks on all my booths now. So much easier.

Netbook models:
- Lenovo S10-2
- HP MINI 1116NR