PDA

View Full Version : Nikon DSLR

stillmation
November 6th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Is there any plan to add the D3000 to the list of supported cameras?

I'm piecing everything together and will buy a new body to be used, I;m not sticking my D3 in there and the D2x or FujiS3 aren't supported.

Right now a Canon1000 is the cheapest option over the Nikon D5000 but the new D3000 is cheaper still..
If there's support update coming soon, I'll hop for a D3000, if not I might go for the Canon.

Any Idea Chris?

many thanks
Rob.

Chris Breeze
November 9th, 2009, 07:41 AM
I've had surprisingly few enquiries about adding support for the D3000 to NKRemote. This is in stark contrast to the much more expensive Canon EOS 7D where I'm getting several enquiries about it every day.

One major disadvantage with the D3000 for photobooth shooting is it doesn't have live view whereas the low end Canon cameras do. Currently the cheapest Nikon that supports live view is the D5000. I also feel that Canon's implementation of live view is better suited to photobooth shooting - the live view images are larger, perform better in low light and the live view is restored quicker after taking a shot than on Nikon cameras.

stillmation
November 9th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I've had surprisingly few enquiries about adding support for the D3000 to NKRemote. This is in stark contrast to the much more expensive Canon EOS 7D where I'm getting several enquiries about it every day.

One major disadvantage with the D3000 for photobooth shooting is it doesn't have live view whereas the low end Canon cameras do. Currently the cheapest Nikon that supports live view is the D5000. I also feel that Canon's implementation of live view is better suited to photobooth shooting - the live view images are larger, perform better in low light and the live view is restored quicker after taking a shot than on Nikon cameras.

Thanks Chris,
As a long-standing Nikon user that stings a bit ;) but I do hear what you are saying and your reasons add up.
For this purpose you're best placed to judge the pro's and con's of both systems for photobooth use.
I'll go to my dealer and see what he can offer. Final image quality isn't an issue as both systems will produce more than sufficient for booth use. However, costing and suitability are high on the list of priorities.