PDA

View Full Version : 1st shot way too bright

jdorman
November 9th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Hi all. I had a job last night and on the last few booth sessions, the 1st of the 4 shots turned out way to bright. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shots all look great but something is wrong with the 1st shot. I'm not sure if it's the flash or something else. I thought I had seen other people talk about this problem before but now I can't find any posts on it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jake

ScottHack
November 16th, 2009, 05:46 AM
It is my understanding that the flashes use some sort of capacitor to help throw out all of the light at once. It sounds like that the capacitor is taking in too high of a charge, and in subsequent pictures, it didn't have time to charge up that high.

It definitely sounds like a flash hardware problem.

Dannygonzales73
November 25th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I had this problem before too and was not using a flash. Do you have your camera set to "Auto" white balance? That's what mine was set to. I since changed it to a flourescent setting and the problem is now gone. So I'd try tinkering around with that.

jdorman
November 28th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks very much for the responses. The problem has disappeared since, which is frustrating since now I can't figure out what the problem was. But if it happens again I'll keep this in mind.