View Full Version : missing picx

joy-photo
November 17th, 2009, 11:02 AM
hello guys

I have recentlig buy remote pro for mac
my set up is 1 macbook pro 2.16 2 gb ram and with snowleopard

I have a shoot in my studie last saturday with a pro model from England

I shoot teheret with a Canon 1Ds mark III to my macbook pro

when i was finish after 3 hour, i need a lot of picx, abouth 1 hour picx, maybe 150-200 picx, my assistent say he look on the mac a see the picx showing there, the picx there need are after the first hour to the 3. hour where there are picx again, so from first hour of shooting there are al the picx , from second hour there need all picx and last from the 3. hour all picx are thereI dont understand this

on the sunday I have a new shoot with another model, same set up, and I miss aiimost 350-400 picx.
when I have shoot abouth 700-800 picx my mac being a litlle bit slow and i reboot the mac and shoot again, first I think i have shoot more in 999 picx and the counter have starting from 0001 again and have overwhrite the first picx with the same name, but i have under 900 picx all, I think because i reboot my mac, the remote pro have starting file naming from 0001 in the same folder and have overwhrite the old files, the picx i need from this shoot are from beginning (0001 to nearly 0400) of the shoot, and I can see the last picx i shoot are naming from 0001 and so

what are wrong ? I need a messege when remote pro will overwhrigt old files with same name or if the remore pro not save the files (the camera shooting because it is set to shoot without memorycard) but i have card in my camera both days, but none picx come on this.

I have use the older remote pro before when i use Windows pc and never having trouble like this
I having capture one pro and aperture also, but i like to use remote pro and was happy when I reconize the new breeze software to my macbook

johnny/joy-photo
denmark

sorry for my bad english skills

Chris Breeze
November 18th, 2009, 09:11 AM
DSLR Remote Pro won't overwrite files. What it does is scans the download folder for the lowest numbered image, adds one and uses this for the new filename. If it reaches image number 9999 the next images will be 10001, 10002 etc.

joy-photo
November 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM
but how can the last files I shoot be the lowest number and I lost the first files ?

and how can i shot one hour with out some files on my mac or on my card in the camera ?

Chris Breeze
November 19th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Sorry I don't know. If the images are being downloaded to the computer and displayed in the main DSLR Remote Pro window then they will also be saved to the computer's disk (and also to the camera's memory card if the save to camera & PC option is selected).

joy-photo
November 22nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
But it is a fact, remote pro overwright my files from the beginning of the shoot
(over 300 )

and I toke picx aimost one hour where there dind't come files on the mac or my card in the camera...

I dont use save for pc and card, only pc...

Chris Breeze
November 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
It is designed never to overwrite images. Are you 100% sure this is what happened and that the images aren't in a different folder, haven't been moved or deleted and were actually on the computer in the first place? Are you able to reproduce the problem? If so, please can you send me details so that I can investigate.

joy-photo
December 11th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Yes , now is happen again, after I reboot my mac and camera ((it was being slow because I shoot fast and it is big files, and the camera said "busy" in a long time), filename begin to overwrihte the old files from same shoot, you can see on screendump at the files is change (see the clock) you can also see the file number and the clock , the two first screendump show two files there have a lower number but is overwright the older filers. and the 3. screendump show an older files that has not overwright but have a higher filenumber...

http://screendump.fem-joy.dk/

Chris Breeze
December 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the extra details. I have managed to locate the problem and it has been fixed in DSLR Remote Pro for Mac v1.1 which was released earlier today. This is a free upgrade for all registered users and can be downloaded from:
http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro4Mac/index.htm

joy-photo
December 11th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Okay, thats good, i'am not happy when I lost files..::O)
but your link is not the right one I think..:O)

joy-photo
December 27th, 2009, 03:31 PM
hello again

now i have been in my studio with the new version remote pro for mac
and this is crazy, there are only one files and this file being overwrite all time i make a new shot...
see picx 4 on my link, after 2 hour shoot only one picx there are be renamet every time i take a new one

http://screendump.fem-joy.dk/

Chris Breeze
December 29th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I'm sorry you're still having problems. I will look into this next week when things get back to normal after the Christmas break.

joy-photo
January 8th, 2010, 11:34 AM
It was the same to yesterday, only one picx in the folder after some hours shoot and lot of picx...

Edit: I see now there are comming a new release jan. 2. ver. 1.1.1
I will try this to day in my studio...

joy-photo
January 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Now it seems to be very well---_O))

I need to zoom when I shoot tehetret in remote pro
and I need, if i close remote pro down and restart, to browse all the picx in the folder from the shoot in remote pro (preview)