PDA

View Full Version : DSLRRemotePro Request

ideafarm
November 30th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Howdy!

I've really had a great experience:) working with DSLRRemotePro. It's a terrific time saver in the studio. I do have one request for a small software addition.
We've been using the time lapse functionality for recording extremely hi-res time lapse video clips. It does however take a long time to move the data from the computer to the camera, so the fastest we can get is about 3 seconds between shots. I'm wondering if there is a way to add a setting to record ONLY on the camera's card and not on the computer, sort of an "intervalometer only" mode. Perhaps the operational data could be passed through USB without the preview or full sized image. I believe the card could record pretty quickly if the camera was only getting control data though USB. It would most helpful.

Again... great work on the software! and thanks for the listen.

Chris Breeze
December 1st, 2009, 06:46 AM
The next release will have the ability save images to the camera's memory card only. Whether this will speed up the shooting speed is hard to say because the way the Canon libraries work the current image has to be saved to memory card or downloaded to the computer before the next shot can be taken. Writing to a fast memory card may be slightly faster than transferring the image to the computer via USB.

Canon assure me that the new SDK with support for the Canon EOS 7D will be released later this week and so I should be able to release updates for DSLR Remote Pro for Mac and Windows next week.