PDA

View Full Version : Button Issues!

PartyPix
December 9th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I'm having some major issues getting two arcade style buttons to work with the software. The drivers for the Serial - USB connector are all installed and working properly but the Photobooth Btn software is not acknowledging any Com Ports. The drop down menu for selecting the Com Port is blank.. Any suggestions on how to get it working??

PartyPix
December 10th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Alright - I was able to get the Push button utility to recognize the COM port and have set the color and b&w release for the two buttons. I went in to the PSRemote, set it to full screen & pushed the color release button... Nothing is happening.. am I missing a setting?

Chris Breeze
December 10th, 2009, 08:58 AM
The pushbutton utility scans the available COM ports when it starts up and only lists the ones that can be opened (this might also include modems and other devices that use a COM port). If no COM ports are listed it probably means that the USB to serial adaptor is not plugged in or its drivers have not been installed on the PC.

When everything is connected do the pushbutton utility checkboxes show when the different buttons are pressed?

okcfb
December 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Try starting the computer with the usb to serial cable plugged in but unplug the serial to button connector before start up. Run the pushbutton utility and then plug in the serial cable form the buttons to the usb adapter. It should pop up then that you are connected.

forasong
January 16th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I think I have the same problem you are talking about. Here is my solution even though I don't like it. In the directions on installing "2" arcade buttons it tells you to link one to the other. I have to disconnect the second button fire up the utility and then reconntect it and then everything works fine. Is there a "good" software solution for this problem?

Chris Breeze
January 18th, 2010, 08:32 AM
The problem may be with the way the USB to serial cable works. A better alternative might be to use the StealthSwitch II which is described here:
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth3.htm

jayua
February 3rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
I'm having this same problem, button checks on the utility when pressed, but won't start the sequence in full screen mode.
Was wondering if anyone had figured out the problem/solution.

Chris Breeze
February 4th, 2010, 07:35 AM
It may sound silly, but please check that you are running the fullscreen photobooth mode not the standard fullscreen mode. (One user user recently had problems until they realised they were using fullscreen mode not photobooth mode.)

forasong
March 17th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I also have to disconnect the jumper wire from the second button and then open the psremote program then connect the jumper wire back up, going to try steath switch on the next booths i build. Thought about putting in a toggle switch between buttons.