PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Not showing PShop images correctly

Paul Alford
December 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I just bought a new computer Vista Pro 64 bit and notice the Photoshop thumbs are not showing the whole image. I am assuming it has to do with the new operating sys.

Is there a fix for this ?

Chris Breeze
December 11th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I suspect the problem is more likely to be something to do with the way the thumbnails are stored in the images rather than the version of Windows being used. Please can you send a sample image which shows the problem to [email protected].

Paul Alford
December 12th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Thanks Chris. I played with it today and found if I just open one of the PShop files that is not showing thumb corrctly... resave it in PShop, just overwriting the old one, it then shows the thumbs correctly. Hmm..

Boy that just means I will have to open and resave lots of files.

Michael Bailey
December 29th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Paul,

Could it be that the "Maximize Compatability" option in Photoshop had been UNchecked for a while, and that now it is back on by default? You may know that when that option is on, Photoshop overlays a composite version of the file to make it legible to older versions of itself, and to other non-Photoshop programs, like file browsers. (I learned this the hard way when I discovered that even Photoshop Lightroom wouldn't acknowledge the existence of my PSD files until I opened and resaved them. All five or ten thousand of them. I am still slightly scandalized by that fact.)

Also, Photoshop's "Image Previews" settings might have an effect here as well.