PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades

ggivensjr
December 24th, 2009, 03:31 AM
It seems every few months there is an upgrade. I go a few months without checking and I missed 2 upgrades. I just got another computer and when I reintstalled I checked for upgrades and boom there it is. Lets see, my last upgrade for Breeze pro was 4/08 to v 1.93 and Downloader was 6/08 to 2.1. Lets see Breeze pro 6 Version 1.9.4.1 released July 2009 1 year 3 months after I purchased 1.93. DLpro Version 2.2.4 released 14 July 2009 about 13 months after I purchased 2.1 and 1 month beyond the threshold of a free upgrade.

Now I know the price is pretty reasonalbe but I would at least like to get an email letting me know there has been an upgrade. Every software on the map lets you know there is an upgrade.

Chris Breeze
December 24th, 2009, 07:57 AM
You can check for upgrades by selecting "Check for updates" from the Help menu. Our apps don't go online automatically to check for updates as this can cause problems with antivirus and internet security software (we have enough problems with these already). You can update to any version released within one year of your purchase and so say you bought BBPro in August 2008 you can update to the latest version, BBPro v1.9.4.1 released in July 2009, without needing to purchase an upgrade. You don't have to upgrade before the year is up e.g. you could still install BBPro v1.9.4.1 in December 2010 using your registration from August 2008.

Personally, I find it annoying to have a barrage of apps asking to update every time I boot Windows - this morning I had Windows updates, Acrobat, BBC iPlayer, Filezilla, Java and antivirus updates. 30 minutes later I was actually able to use the computer...