PDA

View Full Version : RAW Files From Canon G2

geecee
January 8th, 2010, 05:11 AM
I have a few RAW files from an old Canon G2. When I try to convert them I get an Access Violation Error.

It's not really a big deal for me as Photoshop will convert them. Just thought you might be interested.

Chris Breeze
January 8th, 2010, 08:25 AM
This appears to be caused by a compatibility problem with the Canon raw conversion routines and Windows Vista/Windows 7. The G2 raw conversion libraries are very old (released in 2001) and work on Windows XP but not on Vista or Windows 7. I have found a workaround which will fix the problem and will include this in the next update.

geecee
January 9th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks Chris.

sneagle
February 7th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Any update on this issue? I have some old G2 pictures I need to convert for a family event coming up soon. Thanks!

Chris Breeze
February 8th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I've found a workaround which should help. The Canon raw conversion libraries crash if a user defined WB (from clicking on the raw preview to select the WB) is saved from one image and applied to another. The workaround is to disable this feature which means you can use a user defined WB on individual images but can't apply the same WB to a batch of images.
The latest beta includes this workaround:
http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/bbpro1944beta1.exe

sneagle
February 8th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Thank you. That worked!