PDA

View Full Version : File Tree re-directed to C drive (Win 7)

twmeyer
January 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I open BBP in my Win 7 64bit Home Premium (thank you Chris!), and navigate to the System Folder for User "2010Studio" which is right on the desktop.

When I work my way through the file tree to "My Pictures", then the folder "Images 2010" then to any other folders (Commercial and Personal> DNG or NEFs or MasterFies> or WebEmail), eventually I am kicked out from that pathway to exactly the same folder, but re-routed through "My Computer" to "C drive" > "Users">"2010Studio" and back to the actual folder I was in when I used the more direct pathway from 2010Studio on the desktop.

It's not functionally a problem (it's the same folder/images, just through a different pathway), until I have to go back to a top level folder and the entire file tree is expanded and I have to renegotiate my way through or close all the open folders.

Curious, tedious, but not a major problem. Is there an easy way to stay on the path I select? I've never experienced this in the 5 years I've been using the BBP on the XP systems.

Thanks to all who helped me with my earlier Win 7 issue, and any who may have a solution to this lesser, but still mildly annoying one... t