PDA

View Full Version : photo strip question

picturethis
January 19th, 2010, 10:50 PM
I seem to be having an issue with the photo strip, I have tried to get the photo strip to duplicate itself, but have not been successful. I read an earlier post where someone was having the same problem and linked on articles about creating the strip, but have had no success. I have it set up 4 images
4 rows 2 columns and it checked to repeat images to fill empty columns. If I have landscape checked it duplicates the column but with a huge space between the columns and pictures are tiny. If I have portrait checked, which is what it should be on. I have one strip straight down the middle and the pictures are facing the wrong way, (instead of the length of the portrait, the pictures are faced as if it is still landscape. Also the view finder is sideways, so the guest would see themselves sideways instead of upright. Am I suppose to make an adjustment on the camera, I haven't had to use strips yet but I do have an event coming up who wants them, and need some most appreciated help. One more thing when the camera is shut down for even one minute the portrait I have checked goes back to landscape, instead of staying on portrait. What is the difference between the two portraits (90CCW)(90CW). I have a UPCX1 printer and a canon S5IS camera and using PSRemote. Thanks a lot

monkeyfotos
January 20th, 2010, 04:00 AM
i have been trying to get my logo in the last box area of a 2x4 photo strip. i have created a background.jpg file that should simply place my logo at the bottom on each side under 3 images by the file being the size of photo, blank all on top where 2x3 photos will print and then just print logo in bottom spot but it continues to tile in the whole background. why is it tiling? i've also tried doing the same thing by using the footer area for my logo but i want the logo to fill the whole 4th spot of a photo, rather than 2x4 photos and small logo at bottom. is there a way to adjust the footer size?

Chris Breeze
January 20th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I seem to be having an issue with the photo strip, I have tried to get the photo strip to duplicate itself, but have not been successful. I read an earlier post where someone was having the same problem and linked on articles about creating the strip, but have had no success. I have it set up 4 images
4 rows 2 columns and it checked to repeat images to fill empty columns. If I have landscape checked it duplicates the column but with a huge space between the columns and pictures are tiny. If I have portrait checked, which is what it should be on. I have one strip straight down the middle and the pictures are facing the wrong way, (instead of the length of the portrait, the pictures are faced as if it is still landscape. Also the view finder is sideways, so the guest would see themselves sideways instead of upright. Am I suppose to make an adjustment on the camera, I haven't had to use strips yet but I do have an event coming up who wants them, and need some most appreciated help. One more thing when the camera is shut down for even one minute the portrait I have checked goes back to landscape, instead of staying on portrait. What is the difference between the two portraits (90CCW)(90CW). I have a UPCX1 printer and a canon S5IS camera and using PSRemote. Thanks a lot

I'm sorry I don't understand much of the above. Please can you try to explain the problem in simpler terms with examples?

The 90CW and 90CCW portrait settings specify whether the camera has been rotated 90 degrees clockwise or 90 counter-clockwise.

Chris Breeze
January 20th, 2010, 08:51 AM
i have been trying to get my logo in the last box area of a 2x4 photo strip. i have created a background.jpg file that should simply place my logo at the bottom on each side under 3 images by the file being the size of photo, blank all on top where 2x3 photos will print and then just print logo in bottom spot but it continues to tile in the whole background. why is it tiling? i've also tried doing the same thing by using the footer area for my logo but i want the logo to fill the whole 4th spot of a photo, rather than 2x4 photos and small logo at bottom. is there a way to adjust the footer size?

If the background image is smaller than the size of the print it is tiled to fill the page. If you make it the same size in pixels as the printed output it won't be tiled to fill the page.

picturethis
January 20th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Can I do an attachment, I saw it listed in FAQ but don't see the Manage Attachments button. Please advise Thanks

Chris Breeze
January 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Sorry, you can't post attachments to the forum, but you can post links to images hosted elsewhere.

picturethis
January 23rd, 2010, 08:38 PM
I seem to be getting the portrait and pictures in the wrong direction, Is it something on the camera, I thought the software would take care of it, Im sure it is something simple, hear is the example of it Thanks:)

http://www.photoboothtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=705&p=2902#p2902

picturethis
January 24th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I seem to know what the problem is but I am not sure if it is a software issue or printer issue. When I select portrait in printer setup, and then click out of there and go back to taking pictures it will take 1 single in portrait but goes back to landscape for the next set. I didn't know this was going on I assumed it would stay on portrait, I didn't double check it, my fault, thats why I couldn't get any prints to come out as portrait. Do you have any ideas why it goes back to landscape after taking 1 set of 4 pictures. Thanks

Chris Breeze
January 25th, 2010, 12:05 PM
It sounds as though the settings may be reverting to the printer's default settings. You could try changing the default settings for the printer by going to the Printers section of the Windows Control Panel and then right clicking on the printer and selecting "Printing preferences...".