PDA

View Full Version : custom backgrounds/overlays

monkeyfotos
January 21st, 2010, 11:12 PM
still having problems and i feel like we've tried everything, looked everywhere, and asked everyone??? I am working on templates/backgrounds/overlays. We have spent hours trying to get this to work. We are simply trying to add logo on the bottom of the photo strip, not as a footer but so there are only 2 rows of 3 photos with the logo appearing in the fourth box(area) in each strip. I have done very type of resizing and adjusting I can to get it to work as a background and it continues tiling in some way shape or form. So them I tried as a png overlay which also added a white framing system around pics above the logo but no matter how i did the resizing for this it continues printing on the photo strip as a little appr one inch image in the top left corner of the strip. What are we doing wrong? Is there a setting in the printer that automatically is resizing background or overlay files? Is there a setting in her camera that has her camera shooting a massively huge size that doesn't compare with the files I send her? I have taken her printers pixel printing size...I have taken files directly from the camera and created overlays on that exact size....what are we missing? And I'd gladly share designs if we can figure out what we are doing wrong!

Chris Breeze
January 22nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
If you don't want the background image to be tiled it needs to be the same size in pixels as the printed output. The easiest way to do this is to set the photobooth output option to "JPEG copy only", then take a test sequence and then use the saved JPEG layout as the starting point for the background.jpg (or overlay.png) image.
It's worth taking a look at the custom layout option if you need more precise control over image size and placement.