PDA

View Full Version : Photo Booth Camera Mode Help

fosterphotos
January 26th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Hey guys. Just finished up building my photo booth and I am very happy with it. I am using a canon 50D and I have a AlienBees B800 320WS Pro flash. I have a holed cut out the size of the flash. I figured I should use it as my source of light since I have it. Just wanting to know what mode you all set your camera on? I am a somewhat of a amateur with the modes and settings and everything so I am having a difficult time with it. Right now I have it set on TV and im just tweaking back and forth with settings trying to reach the correct ones cause right now I keep getting a bright picture or a good color picture but shutter speed is to slow and causes a blur. I am using the DSLR remote pro. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

TonyF
January 30th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Try setting your camera to manual 'M' and setting a shutter speed of 125.

You got bags of light available with the flash head, so set your aperture to something around F11 (this will give you loads of depth of field so any position will be in focus). If F11 is too much (or not enough) go up or down on the aperture. Leave the shutter speed at 125.

Also, set your camera to manual focus, rather than auto. This way it won't matter if the subject moves away from the focus point. (as they do!).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Tony