PDA

View Full Version : 8x4 perforated paper for Sony CX1 and SnapLab

Chris Breeze
February 17th, 2010, 08:42 AM
It appears Sony are introducing 8x4 paper with a perforation down the middle for use with its CX1 and SnapLab dyesub printers. This is ideal for photobooths bacause you can print a double strip and then tear it into two 8x2 strips.

I found this info on this on Imaging Spectrum's blog (Jan 7 posting):
http://imagingspectrum.com/blog

snapshot
February 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I saw this a while ago. I will be way more interested when they release a 4x6 perforated print pack.

I did get a sample of the new paper though, and I must say that the two strips come apart very nicely.

alexsiskahn
March 18th, 2010, 01:32 PM
with the cost of the media being 250% more than standard media it would only take a few jobs to justify buying a real printer that actually has the firmware built into it to automatically cut the paper instead of buying the more expensive perf.

Nice idea, but economically not justifiable.

chuckb
March 18th, 2010, 02:06 PM
with the cost of the media being 250% more than standard media it would only take a few jobs to justify buying a real printer that actually has the firmware built into it to automatically cut the paper instead of buying the more expensive perf.

Nice idea, but economically not justifiable.

I don't understand your statement, the what "real printer" are you talking about? Are you saying the Sony are not "Real printers"?

I don't understand the 250% cost vs. your "real printer" is that ink/ribbon included?
Please explain.
Chuck

alexsiskahn
March 19th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Yes the sony's are not real printers, please donate them to me. LOL. Just kidding!

partypros
March 29th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Anyone hear any word of when/if Sony will be making available a half-cut option on the Sony UP DR200 print driver so 2 x 6 prints are possible. I still feel cheesy cutting the strips manually and love the UP Dr200 features (holds 700 prints and has print countdown right on the face of the printer)

Noticed Sony has a new print driver that will support some of their other printers called "half-Cut" (still does not support the 2 x 6 cut however)

It seems like our clients REALLY love the traditional photostrip option.

If anyone has the SDK for the driver or is working on it would be more then happy to pitch in some cash to get it developed. Just would not know where to start.

obtphoto
June 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I just read on Imaging Spectrum that Sony just released a "Cut Mode" driver that will cut your print in half for the UP-DR200. I think this will make me buy the printer.

http://imagingspectrum.com/blog/2010/06/new-sony-up-dr200-driver-released/