PDA

View Full Version : Creating images for Countdown screens...

beachgirl
February 18th, 2010, 07:33 PM
OK... so I've read the info about 10 times now and I just need to know how to save the .jpg's I make and where to put them (along w/the artwork for the actual prints). I can easily create the graphics, but I am a mac person and I don't understand what this means in the photobooth settings window:

"text displayed when counting down to taking photo:

Taking photo @imagenumber @ of @number ofimages@.... etc." is this some kind of programming language??

From my understanding, I just name all my jpg's as the doc says: 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc. But what directory do they go in? How does the program reference them? I'm so confused!

NOW... the box below that, "folder containing header, footer and background images" I'm assuming that's referring to the photo strip - NOT the countdown screens, right? (that's a whole different question).

Sorry - I'm very tech savvy but not on a PC :( thx for any help!

snapshot
February 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM
"text displayed when counting down to taking photo:

Taking photo @imagenumber @ of @number ofimages@.... etc." is this some kind of programming language??

I don't really know if it is technically a programming language or not (I know some basic html and css, but that is as far as my programming knowledge goes), but basically, it is telling you what the countdown will read. The things inside the @ symbols are variables that PSRemote looks for to display the countdown. For the first photo in a sequence of four photos, @imagenumber@ would be replaced by the number 1 and @number of images@ would be replaced with the number 4. So the countdown would read: "Taking photo 1 of 4 in (however many seconds)". For the second photo, it would read "Taking photo 2 of 4 in (however many seconds)" Because the image number changed, PSRemote automatically inserted the correct number where the @imagenumber@ used to be. Don't know if that made sense, but I'm sure someone else can explain it better.

From my understanding, I just name all my jpg's as the doc says: 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc. But what directory do they go in? How does the program reference them? I'm so confused!

NOW... the box below that, "folder containing header, footer and background images" I'm assuming that's referring to the photo strip - NOT the countdown screens, right? (that's a whole different question).

Sorry - I'm very tech savvy but not on a PC :( thx for any help!

By default, they go in the photobooth images folder, however you can change that to whatever folder you want. That box that says "folder containing header, footer and background images" is referring to both the photo strip and the countdown screens, so this is where you specify the folder.

BTW, the name of the images should just be 1, 2, 3, etc. If you put the .jpg extension as part of the filename, they won't work.

beachgirl
February 19th, 2010, 12:24 AM
HUGE HELP!!! Thank you sooo much!! :)

beachgirl
February 19th, 2010, 01:18 AM
HUGE HELP!!! Thank you sooo much!! :)

Chris Breeze
February 19th, 2010, 07:46 AM
BTW, the name of the images should just be 1, 2, 3, etc. If you put the .jpg extension as part of the filename, they won't work.

Actually, strictly speaking, this isn't true. Confusingly the default settings for Windows are to hide the file extensions of known file types which includes JPEG images. This means that a file named 1.jpg is actually displayed in Windows Explorer as 1. If you rename it to 1.jpg it will be displayed as 1.jpg but will actually be named 1.jpg.jpg

snapshot
February 19th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Actually, strictly speaking, this isn't true. Confusingly the default settings for Windows are to hide the file extensions of known file types which includes JPEG images. This means that a file named 1.jpg is actually displayed in Windows Explorer as 1. If you rename it to 1.jpg it will be displayed as 1.jpg but will actually be named 1.jpg.jpg

That is basically what I meant. I've talked with several people who have messed this up. Since all the documentation talks about 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc., some people have put the extension in the name the file "1.jpg" (which as you said makes the real name of the file "1.jpg.jpg") instead of just making a .jpg and naming it "1" (thus making the real name "1.jpg").