PDA

View Full Version : stealthswitch... help!!!

beachgirl
February 20th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I have followed all directions. plugged the switch into my pc. installed the software (ok - that was the only instruction I didn't follow) but then immediately uninstalled it. the software does not show up in the list of programs anymore. yet when i press the button in full photobooth mode, it still hides the app. AGHHH!!! I read somewhere on this forum about a push button utility that needs to be configured? Can't find it anywhere. thx for any help!

beachgirl
February 20th, 2010, 03:12 AM
ps... forgot to mention that when it is clicked once, it hides the photobooth app. the 2nd click, it brings up "acer arcade deluxe" (I'm using an Acer pc if that makes any difference) and i'm on windows 7. thx!

Chris Breeze
February 22nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
You need to either uninstall or disable the StealthSwitch software otherwise it will hide all active windows when you press it.

beachgirl
February 23rd, 2010, 06:24 AM
Thx Chris... I tried disabling it but there is no option in the software's control panel to "disable". I also uninstalled it but that didn't help :( so frustrated.

Chris Breeze
February 23rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Are you sure you have uninstalled the StealthSwitch software? The StealthSwitch software hides active windows when the StealthSwitch is pressed and if this is still happening on your system it must still be running.

beachgirl
February 24th, 2010, 04:44 AM
yep - 100% sure! Ran the uninstaller and the software no longer shows up in the programs list.

Chris Breeze
February 24th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest. On my system I simply plug the StealthSwitch, run photobooth mode and it works. (The StealthSwitch II is more complicated but is great if you want multiple buttons).
I think you may need to contact the supplier of the StealthSwitch if you're still having problems with it hiding windows even after uninstalling the software.

Qapla
February 25th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Not sure what version of StealthSwitch software you loaded, but I have used StealthSwitch Pro 3.0 (free d/l from their site) and it has an option under the Custom tab that can be set to issue a keystroke for a press of the switch.

You just select "user defined keystroke" radio button, then "Funtion key" radio button and "F4" from the drop-down menu.

That's it. When you press the StealthSwitch, you get an F4 instead of hiding all apps.

picturethis
March 16th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I was having problems with my stealth switch as well. I e-mailed the company I got it from with-in 24 hrs. the guy who designed it called me and walked me through the whole process, It works perfect no other problems, except I haven't tried to do black and white photos with it and don't know if you can.