PDA

View Full Version : cannot see Russian file names in FoldersView (Win7)

yrouban
February 20th, 2010, 11:12 AM
BreezeBrowser Pro ver. 1.9.5 installed on Windows 7 (tried both x32
and x64) does not show Russian (Cyrillic) characters in file names in
the Folders View, many ??? instead. I cannot navigate to the ???? folders. The Russian names of pics in the Thumbnails View is OK.

very old BreezeBrowser 2.12.1 works fine.

Chris Breeze
February 22nd, 2010, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry BBPro doesn't support Cyrillic characters. The MFC libraries available when BreezeBrowser was written have better support for multi-byte characters than the latest MFC libraries. I don't know why Microsoft changed the way the MFC libraries handle multi-byte characters in recent versions of Visual C++.

yrouban
February 25th, 2010, 04:06 AM
As I see, you use MS Visual Studio 2005. I got a simple example of a Directory Tree Control by Michael Hofer (http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/treeview/directorybrowsers/article.php/c717), compiled it with VC++ 2005 and it worked fine with Russian characters.
I hope you will invest some resources to resolve this issue. As a programmer, I would try to help if you could share your sources of the Folders View.

Chris Breeze
February 25th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Unfortunately it is much more complicated than that and would require a virtual rewrite of the entire application.

yrouban
February 26th, 2010, 02:30 AM
is there a way to use your algorithms without GUI? any command line interface to perform RAW conversion, proofs, etc.?

Chris Breeze
February 26th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Sorry, it only has a GUI.